During the workshop, Bob Mosher focused on modernizing learning in the workplace and practical implementation of 70:20:10 model, in which informal and social learning plays an increasingly important role.
5 moments of learning need
70:20:10 is based on the principle that 10% of learning takes place in a formal, classroom and e-learning setting, 20% through coaching and 70% during work at the workplace itself. The big question with regards to the 70:20:10 model is “How do you really design and develop your learning & performance solutions to address the ’70’ component?” Bob demonstrated how the 5 Moments of Need™ approach addresses this question. According to Bob organizations must consider five fundamental moments of learning need, to realize peak performance.
- APPLY: when performers need to act upon what they have learned, which included planning what they will do, remembering what they have forgotten, or adapting their performance to a unique situation.
- NEW: when performers are learning how to do something for the first time.
- MORE: when performers are expanding the breadth and depth of what they have learned.
- SOLVE: when problems arise, or things break or don’t work the way they were intended.
- CHANGE: when performers need to learn a new way of doing something, which requires them to change skills that are deeply ingrained in their performance practices.
Graduation Designer Certificate
After the workshop six Dutch L&D professionals in healthcare received their designer certification from Bob Mosher himself. They successfully fulfilled the unique ‘5 Moments of Need™’ program especially designed for hospitals and care organizations.
Bob Mosher back in the Netherlands in 2019
Bob Mosher will be back in the Netherlands in 2019 to give more workshops about the 5 Moments of Need™ methodology. Please have a look at our website and social media to keep you posted.